Sunday, January 15, 2012

New York City (Part 3)- Renzo Gracie Academy

On my last day in New York City I finally got to go see Renzo Gracie's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy.  After walking into a sketchy-looking building and not finding the academy listed on the building directory I asked the concierge, or whoever that guy was, if I was in the right place and he simply pointed down.  After a trip down several flights of steps I finally found it.  It was impressive:  a weight room, MMA cage, boxing ring, and 3 levels of mats...all underground in Manhattan.  No classes were going on when I was there, as a matter of fact the place was pretty much deserted, but I got a quick tour from one of the guys in the office and he gave me the okay to take some pictures.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment